Lincolnshire Wolds Tough Ten Event Information – Event Date: Wednesday 22nd June 2022
There are several changes from previous years, to make this a simpler, more low-key event, so even if you’ve taken part before, please read all of this post.
Before the Event
- Parking. Please park in the large field adjacent to Swallow Village Hall: Postcode, LN7 6DY. The parking field will be on your right just after you turn off the A46 towards Swallow (or on your left if you’ve already been through the village). Please park in this field as directed by the marshals, Brocklesby Estate have kindly given permission for it to be used, and to minimise the impact on local residents, please don’t park elsewhere in Swallow village. Please arrive between 6:00pm and 6:30pm if possible.
- Number Collection. Will be from 6:00pm from the park near the crossroads in Swallow village (about 2 minutes walk from the field where you will have parked). Please bring safety pins with you, and please collect your number by 6:45pm.
- Toilets. There are no toilets by the start, or on the route, so please bear this in mind when planning your pre-race preparations. The Swallow Inn pub (about 500 metres from the start) will have toilets available should you need them before or after the event. If you use the pub’s facilities, please consider purchasing a drink from the bar (or a meal) after the event to help support the pub.
- Pre-event Safety Briefing. Will be at the start line, at the crossroads in Swallow Village at 6:55pm.
During the Event
- Please note that the event takes place on open roads, so runners must abide by the highway code at all times, must give way to other road users as appropriate, and should run on the left at all times, and in single file if other vehicles are present.
- Marshals will be located at junctions to direct you where to run and to warn you of any hazards, please follow their instructions. So that you can hear what the marshals tell you, and any approaching traffic, it is strongly recommended that you do not run with headphones.
- There are no water stations on the route, so if you think you’ll need water whilst running, please carry it with you. Water will be provided at the finish. Please also ensure you don’t drop any litter on the course.
- There will be a medical bike on the course in case of any incidents, if you have any issues or see any runners getting into difficulties, please alert the nearest marshal.
After the Event
- The finish is on the old Grimsby Rd (towards the Swallow Inn pub). The event is being manually timed, so please make sure your number is clearly visible when you cross the line. It would be appreciated if you could return your number to a marshal after you’ve finished, so it can be used for future events.
- There will be water available at the finish, if you fancy other refreshments, the Swallow Inn pub will be open serving drinks and good food.
- Results will be available as soon as possible after the event (hopefully by the end of the week) and will be shared on the Caistor Running Club website and social media.
Many thanks again for entering and see you on Wednesday.
Caistor Running Club